Friday, October 21, 2011

I know that I just wrote a bit about the goofiness of psychiatry, but I just can't leave it alone.  Hmmm...maybe I'd qualify for an obsessive-compulsive disorder there...So read this neat piece, but don't let one see you and definitely don't start laughing to yourself (at least in public).   My new favorite disorder is post-traumatic bitterness disorder (PTED), and a nice piece about it here.

It is kind of a microcosm of all politics.  There are lots of special interest 'disorder' groups, all vying for inclusion.  And the treatments are usually all the same (some medication if you are a psychiatrist or cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) if you are not.   So here they all are, vying for space.  Hope they all get some.  Oh, and I think that PTED is the weltanshauung of New Englanders.  Since when did people start thinking is was abnormal? 

No comments:

Post a Comment